Wednesday, August 7, 2013

LOVE MY NEW COMPANION

I love my new companion.  He got me off my trunky bike or whatever we want to say there haha.  I love it.  We had an amazing week this week.  We started off terrible... Our first day was terrible.  We didnt find a single person.... I was really down.  The next day, we realized that our investigators well, no pasa nada con ellos.  Sorry its easier in Spanish with that one haha.  So we got to Thursday.  We were supposed to plan but my companion got sick.  He just rested and that afternoon guess what, again we didnt have success.   Now Im going to share why.  When we or better, I, planned, I was trying my own thing.  It didnt work out.  We were trying to figure out how to have more investigators and we applied a plan that we both liked.  Well, Saturday, we found 5 new people to teach.  Pretty much our entire week got a huge change.  We also had a ton of activities and meetings this week.  One was a meeting with the District leaders.  I learned a lot about how to have animo, or like to be excited.  We left with all ganas haha.  It was amazing.  We saw a lot of miracles this week.  The biggest miracle of all was to have a new ward mission leader called that is active and will work.  He lives in the same house as us.  That is gonna be a huge help.  He is always able to help us at night.  I can see this ward becoming a huge power in the church if we work with animos.  This ward needs animos.  That is all it needs.  They need to realize like yesterday in the training, we arent here to do missionary work.  We as missionaries are only here to HELP with THEIR missionary work.  I will forever more remember last night.  That was amazing.  I didnt understand a lot what Elder L. Tom Perry said but I think he was talking about how missionaries will soon be using Facebook.  What apostasy is that?  I guess Im an old fashion missionary now haha.  When we got permission to write friends I thought how weird is this haah.  Now Facebook?  Well its a new age of missionary work.  I will be here as the world transforms from a door to door to a computer age in missionary work.  Interesting that is all I will say.

Well I really hope that all is well with everyone back home, and Grandma Spencer, get well soon haha.  Remember that life gets better as we move on in life.  How interesting was that knowledge when I learned it.  I cant wait to see what is in store but for now, Im here working with a new enthusiasm for this work.

Love you all

Elder Sam Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment