Wednesday, August 7, 2013

BUILDING A SPEAKER...MORE FUN TO BUILD THAN TO USE IT


Haha... I really dont know what to put on the subject line.  I mean, I could put the letter number but that just is a little bit trunky...  

So this week, we almost had 2 baptisms...  Almost...  4 hours before their baptism they sent us a message saying that they wanted to get closer to Christ and then get baptized.  How messed up is that logic right?  That is what 39999378904 churches does to this world... (ok so not that many but it feels like it sometimes)  The only way to grow closer to Christ is following his example and getting baptized.  But with so much apostasy, especially within their family. We are going to be working with this couple helping them so that they can make the decision.  

So really, I just want to say sorry.  I didnt have that great of a week haha.  Honestly..  I mean just look at my letter.  There wasnt really anything else going on this past week...  Well there was... a lot but better just let all that stuff go and stay in the past.  We had a lot of problems with our zone leaders, but we got it all worked out somewhat.  Oh actually we did have something really dumb go on this week.  

Elder King and I decided last like tuesday that we wanted to build a speaker.  We put together 3 or 4 speakers into 1 and actually got it working.  Its really loud haha.  It was really funny.  I took a picture of it.  It has 7 different little speakers.  It may have been a waste of time, but it was during our free time to take a nap or do whatever so here is a picture of it haha.  It is really sketchy but it was a lot of fun.  As we built it I had a talk from President Monson come to mind when he talks about 2 brothers building a tree house.  After the two brothers had spent all summer making a tree house, the sat in it for like an hour and then never returned to it.  I realized that that may just happen with us and this speaker haha.  It was probably more fun to build it than it will be to use it.... 

Well I like how my letter really takes up a ton of space just about the speaker.  That was how well eventful my week was.  I need to try and find out how to write more about the work down here.  We are just working really hard with Charlie and Sandra.  Well that is about it haha.

Love you all so much,

Elder Sam Spencer



No comments:

Post a Comment