Monday, September 30, 2013

September 9 2013


Alright so first off, Its my second to last time writing home...  A moment of silence please haha......  Ok actually that will be for next week.  So this last week we only had haha well a lot of success haha.  I love it.  My comp and I are working so hard right now haha.  We are definitely seeing a lot of blessings from a lot of really hard work.  I am sending the pic of the baptism from the 1st of this month.  Her two sisters that are in the picture are going to get baptized this week most probably.  It is really amazing to see so many wonderful blessings that come to us when we just put in a little extra effort.  That is all it takes.  I realized that with Elder Bramble.  If we want blessings, we obey.  But if we want to see more blessings and miracles, we obey and give it more than what you think is possible.  I am really amazed at just how fast blessings come.  We had 10 investigators at church.  Another super high number for church assistance haha.  I love how easy it really is to do this work when you give it your all.  

 

So my companion and I are getting along really well haha.  Its a lot of fun here with him.  He has helped me out so much.  He has helped me realize a lot of things that I will be able to apply in my life after the mission.  I am extremely grateful for him and for our mission president putting us together.  

 

So this is what I see these last 2 weeks going on, a lot of white :) haha.  We are planning for 2 baptisms this week and another one could happen as well.  We are also planning on another one for next week as well.  Goin out with a bang here haha.

 

Im not sure why I came back here but it could have been for me to realize the iniquity here in the leadership of our ward.  I cant say much and shouldnt but I have really realized that this ward has been in need of some changes that will happen really soon.  But its all good, we just keep working with the people we have and in the situation we are placed in.  I just remember Elder Hollands talk about how God has only had 1 perfect person to work with, Christ.  And all the rest arent perfect.  I love his words when he said "Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we."We just need to remember that always when we have things going on with any leader or person.  

 

I love this work. And really I have learned so much about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I know He lives.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I have read it many times here in the mission (Oh ya, I finished The Book of Mormon again this last week, 6th time I think... I really dont remember).  Each time I have asked that it is true and of course,  I always receive the same confirmation.  I will just say to all of you, Invite you all, to read and reread the Book of Mormon.  I am going to always be reading it.  

 

Well, I have probably written enough right?  Haha.  I love you guys a lot.  Keep on waiting patiently and muy pronto nos veremos cara a cara en la casa de los abuelos hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

 

Love you all so much :)

 

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment