Friday, April 26, 2013

GENERAL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!

Ok, so Im not even going to start with conference yet haha.  My week started much before that with Tuesday...
So Tuesday started out normal.  District meeting, proselyting and then... at 6 we received about 20 calls from the zone leaders.  I didnt know that we had a rule in the mission of 3 calls and you answer no matter what.  One of the billions of unwritten laws.  I kinda hate unwritten laws...  But anyways, we were in a lesson with a man slightly contentious (which I found out how to deal with contentions better thanks to conference) for about an hour because he wouldnt let us go until we got to a halfway middle ground.  It sucked.  But, afterwards, I called our zone leaders again and they told us that we had to go to the room of one of the areas of my district to pick up one of the Elders and that he was going to be staying with us for the night.  They didnt tell me anything else.  So We went there and picked up the elder.  So the next day, we took him back to the Zone Leaders and he went to the office for an interview with President.  At 9 in the morning on Wednesday, we received a call from the assistants that told us to go to the office to pick the elder back up and that he would be spending the rest of the week with us.  So he was with us until that night when we received a call that he would be actually with the other elders in my district.  So he left and went there.  I dont know what actually happened with him at all. All I know is that he was training and his companion went to another area and they blanked his area. 
That brings us to last night and today.  We have changes tomorrow.  My companion, Elder Zavaleta, is leaving...  That sucks...  And now, Im going to be with Elder Aguilar.  I dont know him other than for pictures.  He has more time than I do in the mission.  But that isnt the biggest changes here.  The area that was blanked is going to have 2 north americans there, one that ends his mission in 6 weeks.  and the other area is 2 latins one that is staying and the other only has 6 weeks as well....  Its going to be really interesting...
So Conference, wow...  I literally dont know what to say about it... there was so much that I really liked a ton from conference.  So instead of saying what I liked haha because I would spend all day doing it, I will just say a couple of small things.  The first is that I realized that in the mission, Conference flies by... I remember so many conference weekends where I thought conference would never end.  This conference, and really every one, I have wished it wouldnt end because I learn so much and really enjoy conference now.  How weird it is to see so many changes so easily.  The next is how we should always be looking for answers in conference.  When we do, first we pay more attention, and two we really receive revelation for ourselves and for our.... mayordomia....  sorry I dont remember the word haha.
Well there went my time and there is a letter a little longer this time.  It will be an interesting change this time but we will see what happens haha.
Love you all,
Elder Sam Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment