Monday, September 24, 2012

Big Decision

So last Tuesday, we were in trujillo all day long. That was cool but super long with meetings... We had interviews with President Turk and so yes I discussed with him about starting school. I have really been thinking about it a lot these past few well months and I was super happy to talk with President Turk. He told me he has the authority to move my last day in the mission 30 days in whichever direction I want. But then he told me about his own son when he served his mission. His sons last day was like a week or 2 after school had started. He talked with his family about doing the same thing. President Turk told his son that he could make whichever choice he wanted but that President Turk told him that it such an awesome experience at the end of the mission to testify in front of each one of the Elders that we came with to the mission. President Turk told me to think about that and what I really wanted to do. I thought about it a lot. I was reading something in the mission manual and it had a line from the mission calls letter. That we are here dedicating all of our time to the the Lord and that we need to put in second place all of our personal matters. The Lord will bless you more than you can imagine. To finish the story about President Turks son, he decided to stay in the mission. He missed starting school by literally 2 weeks. He stayed home and spent the time with his family and had a job. President told me that his son said that he was blessed beyond measure for staying in the mission. Can you guess what I feel that I've decided? YES Im finishing my mission with my group. Im going to stay here until the last day of my mission. Ya I know I'm going to be missing starting school in August, but I know that The Lord will bless me and us as a family beyond measure for my service until the end. I want to have the experience at the end of the mission more than starting school and continuing on with everything.
So that took a lot of time but it is what I really want to do. So this week, I got sick... I have been sick with a super sore throat for like 3 days. And Ive also ya had a cough for like my entire time here. But I can only go on and continue working. We have literally not had anyone at church for 2 weeks (Investigators) and I have been a little bit discouraged... But there is good here in Otuzco.. We just have to find it.. It could be in the area of my area that I seriously dont know. Its hard there because there arent numbers to the houses or anything. But we will see how it goes haha.
So this week I was able to do my 2nd and 3rd interviews. Yes... Im a senior companion and im doing baptism interviews. It is really awesome to do them. It is honestly something that I didnt think would happen here in Otuzco. It is literally the 2 hardest areas in the mission.
So idk if I answered grandma about the type of legos haha like lego cars or idk something like those, vehicles haha.
Ummm... oh the funniest thing, remember the RM? ya ok so the Elders Quorum class where they just read out of the manual? Ya that was our Elders Quorum yesterday haha. It was hilarious. So Im out of time today but remember that I love you all and that finishing my mission on September 14th is what I want to do. I love you all so much.
Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment