Monday, September 24, 2012

Adventures on P-day

Ok so I have decided that you all are more trunky than I am!! It was like when an Elder was going home, everyone else was super trunky for him hahaha. So yes this week I do hit a year... weird.... I seriously cant believe it...
So first off I would like to inform you all that I received a package on Saturday, but it wasnt the Year mark package. I finally after 6 weeks got my birthday envelope with the card, two ties, and two garment tops haha finally!!!!
So the first funny story this week was actually last monday. We, Elder Nystrom Elder May and I, decided to make a shooting range in our house. The problem was we didnt really look exactly at what was in the area from where we were shooting. Elder May shot a rock with the slingshot and broke a water pipe haha.
 
 
  So we spent about an hour and a half learning how to sketchily replace tubing. You just use pvc cement and heat up pvc to slide it over the old stuff. Ya its super sketch but hey it works haha. So two of the photos is what it looks like when shooting a slingshot from here. they are slightly on the sketchy side but theyre fun haha. Mine actually that I have is yellow. Its just that in the photos I had another slingshot in hand. Oh mom, this is the slingshots we use against dogs.
 
 
 
So also this week we had changes. My companion is Elder Mano. He is from Bolivia and has 13 months in the mission, 6 weeks more than I do. I was honestly kind of worried at first that he wasnt a hard worker because he has more time than me but I am senior comp.... That is still weird for me to think. I dont feel like it and really it doesnt matter. I only am making mention of it because I was scared that he wasnt a super hard worker but that is wrong haha. He is awesome. He is a super good missionary and Im super excited to work with him. His comp before me was Elder Aquino, if you all remember he was my companion in Chimbote, good missionary but not the most 100 percent obedient. Elder Mano is not like that though. We are doing really well.
Otuzco is really difficult I wont lie, but its all good, with more challenge comes more blessings. We are looking for miracles everyday. I was a little discouraged but not anymore. I realized that its the opposite of Faith. Never get Discouraged in anything. Its what comes when we fear something, and when we fear something then we lose our faith.
 
 
So the last thing that im going to add to this is even though Elder Nystrom left, we still play Monopoly Deal between us four. Oh if you want to see a picture of Elder Mays new companion, Elder Cortez, just look at the blog for the mission. I will have a picture of Elder Mano and me the next week. Just wait, Im gonna come home and destroy you guys in Monopoly Deal hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Love you all so much and miss you all the time. Have fun celebrating Hump (Trunky) Day for me back home haha
Elder Sam Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment