Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TRANSFERED TO OTUZCO IN THE MOUNTAINS

So this week I have been dying of cold and climbing....  First off, its cold here at night.  During the day im dying of heat and at night I actually am using my sweaters haha.  Also, its up in the mountains... im dying of lack of oxygen like at sea level.  that and the fact that we climb up hills and down them all the time...  Its super different than my old area. 



So my companion is Elder Nystrom, there is a picture of him here.  He has 5 months in his mission but I think his Spanish is a ton better than mine was when I had his time.  He works hard..  a lot harder than my last two comps.  I like him.  My district leader is Elder May.  Idk if you guys got the picture back at Christmas of me and him but its Andrews and Devons cousin from Heyburn.  Its cool haha.  His companion is one of the latinos from my group, Elder Salazar.  I only have contact with these three.  Missionaries more than that not really.  In my time here, I had one of the Zone Leaders call but thats it. 

So Otuzco, its cold, its a mountain and like almost everyone works on Sunday so its hard to have people at church...  but its going to be good.  Us four are going to break the streak of bad luck here in Otuzco.  The area of Elder May and Salazar hasnt had a baptism for more than 9 months, the longest an area has gone without a baptism in the mission, and my area is number 2 with the last one 3 months ago.  We are changing that. 

Its so weird here to me.  Everyone that we contact, unless its in the door of someones house doesnt live here...  Sorry if i sound mad at all in this letter but im exhausted from the change and well a lot of changes... and frustrated...  and ya I just need to get use to the hills here and all........... 

Sorry about anything that sounds rude but ya its im tired frustrated and annoyed that the office missionaries are mad at me for stuff i really cant control but whatever.  Well see how it is this next week...

Love you

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment