Monday, July 9, 2012

Wow about time that we'll see that change haha. 6 years? I thought 2 years was long but I realized just how wrong my thought are... These last 2 weeks have flown by so fast that I can't believe that its Pday again. So the reason why I'm not writing earlier today is because the zone decided that they didnt want to play soccer but instead go to the megaplaza which is just a mall... how stupid...... First off, everything there is real, which means it costs a ton of money. Second, were missionaries, and dont have the luxury of tv and well that. Guess what was in like every store? TVs, video games, ipods, tablets, and pretty much everything that we leave home for 2 years (Longboards..... the worst part....) So I spent the whole morning walking around honestly homesick... I only wanted to go for one thing. Pizza Hut! that was super nice haha. I ate pizza today for the first time in well ok its not super big haha in my other area we ate pizza a lot haha. but it was a nice change from rice every meal haha. 
 So this week I have awesome news haha First off there is a picture of me with a youth. He is wearing my straight purple tie. I gave him that tie so that he could have a tie to pass the sacrament. He was baptized a month and a half ago and received the priesthood. Its awesome to see the converts here really taking hold of the gospel. I really am seeing what the sons of mosiah saw. their converts were more faithful and strong than those who had been born into the church. I was really happy to see him and also one of the other converts. Cinthia was baptized on the 9th of June. on the 8th of July she was set apart as Relief Society President. Ya... Its awesome to see them continuing in the gospel like I said a few lines ago haha
 


Sam and a youth in his ward.  The purple tie,
one of Sam's fav's!


So next exciting news. Javier, the Husband of Cinthia, is getting baptized this 21 of July. He came to us and said baptize me haha. We werent even planning on talking about baptism. I realized that the power of the Book of Mormon is powerful. the last time that we had visited with him we read the first chapter of Nefi. sorry Nephi haha. When we went by the next time he suprised us with telling us to baptize him. 

So 4th of July was interesting. I started wearing my tie and got a feeling that i should change it, so I did. But I did wear it for part of the day haha. I'll wear it another day.  .




Cock fight outside my window......













And the last pictures are idk if you can see it well but it is of a cock fight... I think that what there called right? This was going on outside of my room in front of the church. I talked with someone. There are laws against it but no one follows it... and the police dont enforce anything... It made me realize that I love the US. Really we are blessed when we follow the commandments and the laws of the land. I know the blessings of the Book of Mormon apply to here as well but there is so much more corruption that they dont enjoy the blessings of prosperity like we do...

So that was the week. Oh grandma, so I have decided a few things. Im starting to take the piano thing serious. The problem is that I cant practice but like once a week. In the book that you sent me, it said that there also was a cardboard keyboard, a book of simplified hymns, and note cards to learn the notes. Could you send that with some other things that i have thought of this week and actually written down haha. the first and this is more for comfort for me haha, could you send a big pack of Pilot G-2 Pens of the .5 mm tip. and the other thing is if you could send me some dri-lux round neck medium top garments. I have plenty of bottoms but the tops I have are super super small. They dont have dri-lux here in Peru and it also takes like 6 months to actually receive garments through the mission. Those things would be awesome if you could send those to me.

So, I'm excited to hear about this new Bishop this next week haha. Well I love you guys a ton! miss you all everyday and dad, I did get the picture. Thats awesome she got married.

Oh mom, so idk if i said this in the letter i sent or the email last week, but with the sd cards, could you take all the videos with your camera? I cant watch some of the videos from kiri and andrew and all of them that would be cool.

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment