Friday, March 15, 2013

My second week here in Progreso

Well so this week has been so crazy haha!  We had another baptism this week. 



A boy named Juan.  His aunt and uncle got baptized last month on Valentines Day haha.  He has a big support system with them.  I am learning so much stuff now its crazy...  I am also so tired.  I dont think I ever have used a phone like before... 
Oh there is so much stuff thats been going on that I really dont know what to write.  haha.
Ok so last Monday, we went to central or downtown I think is what we call it, and ate McDonalds.  I really miss fast food.  here, well there isnt any.  Only in some places.  In place of fast food in every corner, its a church in every corner haha.  There are so many churches here in Peru.  Its a lot different from home for that reason. 
Tuesday was my first time having a district meeting.  It was really fun teaching it because I did something that Im sure no other missionary has ever done.  I took Legos to the meeting and we used the Legos to explain the principle that people can change, but they just need to commit them to do it.  It was really successful.  So this month we have a super crazy goal to get 8 baptisms in my district.  We have 3 weeks left this month and we have 4 up until now.  Its awesome.
Elder Zavaleta and I are working extremely hard with another kid in a part member family.  Hes 10 years old and keeps putting excuses to not get baptized.  We are going to be working with him a lot this week for his baptism to be this week.  His name is Arturo, so if you all would like to pray for him it would be really helpful for us. 
This Sunday, the 17th, we have stake conference.  Its gonna be a little more difficult this week but all will be well.  Its going to be really awesome, I know. 
Oh so the funniest part of everything is our study in the morning.  I study the Book of Mormon in Spanish, being the north american there.  And Elder Zavaleta, well he studies the book of Mormon in English.  He is literally my first companion in all of my mission that actually wants to learn English.  He prays, talks, and now reads in English.  He helps me and I help him haha.  Its really funny actually.  I just need to help him to start writing in English.  Maybe a letter to you all in English from him haha idk.
Well I love you all and I will let you all know this next week what happened with Arturo.
Love you,
Elder Sam Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment