Friday, March 15, 2013

PROGRESO, My new area

How awesome is this huh?  I was here for less than a week and we had a baptism.  This week we have a baptism and the next week we should as well.  How CRAZY is the change.



First,  Elder Zavaleta my companion.  He is awesome!!!!  He just finished his training and is literally the most capaz missionary I know.  He has his head focused so well on the work.  I have honestly learned so much from him, and we only have 5 days together.  Also, he has the biggest desire to learn English.  With his companion before me, he would speak English all the time.  His comp was another Latino.
 Now he is super excited because Im here to help him with his pronunciacion.  Sorry I dont know the words in English haha.  We have a super crazy goal going on here of 8 baptisms in our area.  He puts goals high.  I like it haha.  I think we can easily get 5 to 8.

Second, Area Progreso.  The greatest.  Its like being in Otuzco like with fields and a ton of stuff like that but with a real ward of 80 members active, and everyone is helping us out a lot.  I am super excited that Im here.  The bishop is really cool haha.  He is a little crazy at times but really helps us a lot.  Like I said, we are baptizing, a ton.  I really love it here a ton.

Third, My District.  Wow...  Its so weird as a District Leader.  Im now writing after doing everything.  Its kinda weird to not be writing with everyone else.  The Elders in my district are awesome.  There are
3 areas in my district.  Elder Quispe and Guerra, Elder Cañarte and Lopez, and me and Elder Zavaleta.  My district is really new, like half of the district has less than 6 months.  Its so crazy to be here with all of them.  As you all can tell, Im extremely happy and content with my new area and district.  From what I have seen they are all extremely wild but obedient.  They all learned that one from Elder Nelson, from my group if you all remember him haha.  He left this district right as I came here...

So I wanna say mom, the video I sent of the Elder falling off his bed was Elder Peralta, my old comp with Elder Riquelme.  That video was taken while we were down from Otuzco for a week. Mom, you mentioned mixes to make soda.  was there one for Dr. Pepper?  That would be great haha.  There was something I was going to ask but I totally forgot it.  Oh dont send that other Snowboarding magazine.  I will read it at home.  I threw the rest in the bags and they are hidden from view.  I dont want to be trunky at all.  I realized this past week that it is so much better to be 100 percent focused on the work.
I would love them but no haha.  Well Im out of time haha.

I love you all so much and good luck this week.  Mom, Grandma, take pictures ya? haha no puedo creerles por nada haha.  un crucero....
Que chevere.  hahahahahah  Love you!!!!!


Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment