Thursday, December 22, 2011

Now to my week ha ha. I had so much going on this week....first after writing my email to you guys I got to go watch Tangled. That was great and in English which was even better. Thenwe got to go to this place called Rokys (Row-keys is the pronunciation) and idk if thats right. I cant spell good anymore ha h) and eat like half a chicken and fries but thats normal for almost everymeal well the chicken part.

So Tuesday we had our district and zone meetings. They were normal ha ha lots of talking of others and me trying to understand them. Spanish though...wow I would not have guessed that I wouldve been this far this fast with it. I guess when your immersed and have the spirit, you can learn stuff really fast ha ha. Oh Idk if I had told you guys about this part. Last Sunday I taught a lesson with Elder Pillajo, and one of the ladies said that she couldnt believe that there could be a prophet today. Earlier that day I had just read Alma 39:17. This has become my favorite scripture only for the question that it asks. I would like to invite you all to read this question expecially if you have any doubts about the church or anything about the Gospel. Its awesome!

I am actually somewhere where the internet works pretty well and I can send pics so Im sending them to Grandma and Grandpa and they will have to send them out.

Wednesday I got to meet with my group fromt he MTC again. Man it was really good to see them all. In the picture from left to right is Zarian, Me, Prestwich, Young, Nelson, and Cottle. We had a training meeting on using 10 points to start teaching and how to invite people to baptism, because lets be honest we're terrible at it. It was hilarious when I walked in and saw Elder Nelson. He showed me his planner on one side a picture of something spirtual, and on the other a picture of Dragonball Z a cartoon from our childhood. I started laughing because I pulled out my planner. On one side the picture of Jesus looking out at Jerusalem; the other, Dragonball Z ha ha. Elder Nelson was my first companion in the MTC if you all remember. I had Elder Young say "Wow, you two are meant to be companions." I think it would either A it would be really awesome or B it could be a disaster ha ha.

Thursday was my zones day for interviews. I will say I had more American food this week than I have like my whole mission ha ha. We had McDonalds for lunch Wednesday. Wow that Big Mac was sooo good. And we had Pizza Hut the next day in our interviews. We also worked on setting goals and the same things as Wednesday.

I love my Mission President. He is definitely called of God. So in this meeting we had a moment where we were sharing our favorite scriptures. I couldnt think of another scripture in D&C 6 about talking peace to your mind. but the crazy is the scripture Pres Turk shared, D&C 6:36. The scripture is on my mission plaque back home. Ya it was awesome.

So I still havent gotten my Christmas package....:( Idk where it is or anything but hopefully I will get it this week otherwise, I'm getting it after Christmas.

Love you Guys always!!!!!!

Sam

1 comment:

  1. So awesome to hear you are doing well Sam. Can't seem to get anyone to give us your address, if you could let us know what it is, we have some stuff to send you. Love the pictures. It takes me back to the days I was on my mission, those were the funnest and most memorable days, to be in the service of the Lord. All of us pray for your every day and hope things are going well. I can remember telling you that your mission would be one of the most special and spiritual times of you life, a time where you will grow and learn the things that will help you through your entire life. Looks like you are doing wonderful. I love you Sam and pray that you will have many wonderful experiences there and gain a strong testimony of the church and the gospel. You are a great missionary and keep us informed on what is happening. May the Lord bless you in all that you do. Love Todd

    ReplyDelete